Hello and Merry Christmas from London:)
IT'S CHRISTMAS IN LONDON!
...and everyone just wrapped up their shopping. It was INSANE today/tonight on the streets. Stores packed. Looked like rush hour in New York City...but worse. I literally had to hold on to the strap of Matt's backpack to make sure we didn't separate. They closed a couple of the tube station stops due to overcrowding.
Here's a list of what you've missed
- Our apt is tiny, tiny, tiny. Or maybe I'll say "cozy" :) I haven't had a chance to get a great shot out front so here's a google map street view for you... (we're the top floor of 77)
- Our luggage still hasn't arrived. And they're estimated 10-15 days now. SWEET.
- It's NOT freezing here. And honestly, we haven't seen a bit of snow. Not sure what all the London flight cancelations are about.
- We have walked everywhere. Several miles a day.
- We have 6 flights of stairs leading to our apartment. No lift. After day 3 of running up and down the stairs, i'm finally not winded anymore.
- The only good food we've had is Indian. The rumors are true.
- I attended my first midnight mass tonight. (it must have been obvious we were the non-catholic out-of-towners)
- Starbucks DOES NOT taste the same in every country.
- If the price on a rental seems too good to be true, it absolutely is.
- I have missed my puppies about 20 times a day.
- Matt and I have become directional-geniuses. Lots of guessing where we are (since we don't have our phones or maps) and lots of being right (so far). First time i've survived w/out a GPS.
- The tube ROCKS. Columbus, lets get on that.
- Chai at Cafe Nero is simply the best.
I've pulled out the camera a few times ....look at all the colors?! I'm in heaven.
I'm headed to bed now. Santa is coming (i hope). It's 4:18 in London and we have big plans to do a yummy Christmas lunch out. Hopefully London can "bring it" in the food arena for Christmas day at least. I'll leave you with this image I snapped on our 30 minute walk home from midnight mass. Around 1-something in the morning. LOVE>
Merry Christmas, friends.